SPECIAL EDUCATION HELP IN THE SOUTH BAY
Special Needs Schools vs. Traditional Schools
If your child has a learning disability or special need, you might have heard of special needs schools. You have likely wondered how they compare to a traditional school and whether they are the best choice for your child.
Every child is unique, so there is really no one size fits all type of school. Instead, the best school for your child is the one that best meets his or her needs. At Advocate to Educate, we want to help you make the best possible choice and provide special education help in the South Bay and all the nearby areas, so below are just a few differences between special needs schools and traditional schools.
1. Smaller Class Sizes - More often than not, special needs schools have smaller class sizes. This presents a bit of a calmer atmosphere. It also allows the teacher to give each student more one on one attention.
2. Targeted Learning Resources - Special needs schools are specially equipped with resources that target learning difficulties. They also usually have resources that target different learning styles. Resources such as these can help children with unique learning abilities to soar.
3. Individualized Teaching - Each teacher at a special needs school is trained and experienced in teaching children with learning disabilities. They also usually employ speech, occupational, and physical therapists. This combination allows the students to receive an individualized education from specialists.
Disadvantages to Consider
1. As with everything else in life, there are downsides to special needs schools. The biggest is that your child is only exposed to others with learning struggles. While it does help in some ways, it can also be a disadvantage to limit their interaction.
2. If you choose a special needs school, aim to have your child in other activities to increase their exposure to different groups of people.
If you are looking for special education help in the South Bay, or anywhere else nearby; reach out to us at Advocate to Educate. We'll do our best to guide you so you can feel confident in your decision.